Subscribe Free Job Alerts
Freshers Jobs on Facebook
Information Technology Job
Sales & Marketing Jobs
Engineering Entrance Exams – GATE 2014
GATE 2014 Notification poster has been released by IIT Kharagpur, the organizing institute for this year. The tentative examination schedule is also released. The exam will be conducted On Saturdays and Sundays between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. The exact schedule will be given on the GATE 2014 website.
GATE exam is a way to join in Post Graduate courses in Engineering like M.E, M.Tech or PhD in National level institute which is very crucial for engineering graduates. GATE 2014 will be organized by IIT Kharagpur.
What is New in GATE 2014 –
Gate 2014 will be conducted Online (Computer Based Test) all streams – AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CY, GG, MA, MN, MT, PH, TF, XE and XL, CS, EC, EE, IN , ME and PI .
GATE 2014 Eligibility :
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Pharmacy (Post – Diploma / Post-B.Sc / 4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the final year of the Four-year Bachelor’s degree program in science (B.S.) (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four year Integrated Master’s degree program or (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five year Integrated Mater’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology
- Candidates in the final year of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S. – M.S. program
- Candidates with qualification obtained through examination conducted by professional AMIE by IE (I), AMICE (I) by ICE (I) as equivalent to B.E/B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2014 Application Fee :
Category have to apply only Online – General/OBC (Male Candidates) 1500/-
750 for Women candidates
1500 for General / OBC other candidates
750 for the SC/ST/PD category candidates.
The application fee can be paid either online or through a bank challan via SBI or Syndicate bank.
GATE 2014 dates of Examination –
Admission to Postgraduate course (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science open to those who qualify in GATE. GATE 2014 score will be valid for a period of TWO YEARS ONLY from the date of announcement of results.
Important Dates (tentative)
COMMENCEMENT OF ONLINE APPLICATION 2nd September 2013 (Monday)
Last date for submission of Application (Website closure) : 3rd October 2013 (Thursday)
Last date for receipt of hard copy of application with supporting document at respective GATE Offices: 10th October 2013 (Thursday)
Last date for on Saturdays and Sundays between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. The exact schedule will be given on the GATE 2014 website.
How to Apply :
Application must be done ONLINE. Further details and ONLINE Application form can be obtained by accessing any of the websites given below (or by scanning the image below using a QR reader facility that is available on most of the Mobile phones).
GATE IIT Institute –
IISc Bangalore – http://gate.iisc.ernet.in
IIT Bombay – http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in
IIT Delhi – http://gate.iitd.ac.in
IIT Guwahati – http://www.iitg.ernet.in/gate
IIT Kanpur – http://gate.iitk.ac.in
IIT Madras – http://gate.iitm.ac.in
IIT Roorkee – http://www.iitr.ac.in/gate
GATE 2014 Notification Poster - http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/poster2014.pdf
For more information GATE 2014 visit the given link – http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014/